After toiling hard for a year and more, it finally is here…Wait. No.
I thank God and my parents with whose blessings I have reached this far in life…. Hell. NO!!
I don’t know how to accept an award, so I will just miss the acceptance speech. Please tolerate. I will simply state that my blog has (*rolls eyes*) received its 1st Liebster Award (actually second, if you consider Blogaddas’s Spicy Saturday Picks as one! Be considerate, no?) *Taa Daa!!*
Now, after all the pomp and show, lets get down to business. So this was awarded by Anoop, who blogs at Tranquil yet alive and who has left quite profound comments on my posts. He himself is a prolific writer and I love the short stories he publishes. This being the first award, I will play by the rules that the award winners have to abide by. Here they are:
- Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog. (Done)
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees. (Coming up next)
- Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo. (Done)
- No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
11 Facts about myself. Gosh this one was tough. Why do you think I took 5 days to accept the award??! Just the fact
that I had to rack my brains for facts about myself (Duh!) that it had been a crazy week at work. Now, before wasting more space, let’s get done with it:
- A big time social media freak. Not addicted, but yes I do love all the wisecrack statuses, pictures, tags, check ins et all. I just joined twitter but I think I am bored of it. Already.
- I m a nomophobic. Totally. Not really proud of it but I do not deny it either. You will never see me free. Coz when I have time in my hands it is also accompanied with my mobile. No spare time you see.
- I am a obsessive planner. I know all things do not work as we have planned but being impromptu is something I am often not. There are exceptions sometimes but most of the times my brain has exercised a route to execute the task. Be it planning a vacation, choosing the next book to read or revealing a news. My sub conscious lays a timeline for everything.
- I love my family to death. A little something happens to them and I become paranoid. My world revolves around them.
- I get hurt too soon. Emotional imbalance some may say, but I am very sensitive. Cry at a drop of a hat.
- I tend to forgive people easily. Not necessary that I forget how they have behaved with me or the hurt they have caused, but forgiving comes pretty easily to me. Just that the person in question has to display some retribution.
- I do not like shopping unless necessary. But also I am very specific about buying my stuff. Contradiction?! Sigh! So I have no option to go out and shop when my wardrobe screams scarcity! After all you cannot dress like a freak and show up to office daily. I love bags and shoes. A typical me.
- I take long to read books I do not like. I may hold on till last and complete it rather than leaving it halfway.I drag through the end but really really slowly.
- I am a sucker for office work. I love my desk and my spreadsheets. Sometimes it gets more than I can take, but nonetheless such is life! I am not much domestic which my mom frets a lot about.
- I am a chronic worrier. Be it about the future, be it about imaginary situations my mind creates but I simply HAVE TO worry about any damn thing.
- I love travelling. I love discovering new places and mostly ones which are close to nature. More often than once, I am the one choosing a travel destination and Mr. Husband goes with the flow. But he ain’t complaining.
Next in line are the questions that Anoop has asked me. (God! I never knew, getting an award was so much work!) Playing fair, here they are:
1. Are you addicted to something? If yes, What? (other than alcohol, cigars and drugs)
FRIENDS. I can’t imagine my life without them. Why, I even ended up marrying my best friend. Also my girlfriends are a source of constant support and love. Book addiction comes a close second.
2. What does money mean to you? Why? (No one liners please)
Initially I was in my rosy own world of Money not being important and blah. When I peeked a little out of my fairy tale, I realized that money is an inseparable part of existence. All hobbies you have, all luxuries you dream and all fantasies you create have money as one important ingredient. But that does not mean I put it on top of the priority must haves in life. If you do not have people with whom you will spend all the money earned, how much ever you have, will be worthless.
3. What is your passion? What do you like to do the most apart from eating and sleeping?
I am passionate about writing. I write when I have an overflow of emotions and I am not able to put them into speech. Writing gives me a sense of revelation. Be it blogs, be it my locked notes, be it texts and chats, writing is my exhaust pipe.
Talking about passions, I love travelling a lot and if the pockets permit, I would keep on travelling till the world ends. But since Money is in the equation, we need to work, so we can travel, eh?
4. What quality of your best friend/friends do you admire?
My closest friends are my venting out machines. I scream, I chatter, I throw tantrums and I weep…they have a wonderful ability to take it all in, to listen to all crap and to make me feel light headed. The bestest of friends have my best kept secrets which I am sure will go down in the grave with them!
5. Have you ever felt guilty for doing something in life, that keeps troubling you even now?
YES. Once. But I do not wish to ponder over it and make my past harass me. Let bygones be bygones.
6. What is that one good thing that you can proudly say to anyone about yourself, I mean a lesson from your life that people can learn?
Moving on and accepting things as they are. Worked a lot towards it and almost coming close to learning it myself. Not sure I will be a great model for other people to learn from it, but I tried after failing a lot.
7. Have you ever been in a relationship with someone? If yes What did you learn/admire / hate about being in a relationship?
One and only relationship which ended in marriage. Learning daily, admiring little things that it teaches along the journey and hating not being able to live with my parents.
8. Whom do you admire the most in your family? (Doesn’t need to be your parents or siblings, can be cousins or anyone in the family)
Without a doubt, MY FATHER. Here is why.
9.What kind of person are you? (Funny/humorous/serious/shy…….)
A little of all traits.
10. If you were given a chance to go out on a dinner with, Who would that lucky one be?
The kind of a hectic social life I lead, I find solace in little dinner dates with Mr Husband.
11. Which is your favorite post from your blog? If I would insist that you pick one out of the lot, Which one would that be?
Each post is as special as the next one. But if I have to pick just one I may pick one of my very first ones, Thank You, Life
Phew!! That was something!!! Nonetheless, Thank You Anoop. You have been kind 🙂
As for passing on the awards, I would give it to my Favorites:
Guys, you may use the same questions that I have been asked above 🙂