As we are nearing the end of the year, I am taking an account of all the things that made me sail through 2013. Believe me, it is a pretty huge list. Cannot comprehend the year is already ending. It makes me all nostalgic. The 13 things that are on top of my 2013 teachings are:
- Do not compare…your life with anyone else’s. You are a unique creation from a limited edition collection. Don’t insult HIM by drawing silly comparisons.
- Take out time…for your parents. They are growing old and they need you the most. Don’t forget them by drowning yourself in the excitement of enjoying your youth.
- There is nothing as ‘too much money’: How much ever you have, there is always room for more. Stop being greedy, stay put and enjoy all the luxuries with how much you have. Greed grabs the fun!
- Read a lot: It gives you a perspective. It makes you look at things from different point of views. It makes you profound and gives you company in the unlikeliest of places. Always keep a book with you when travelling.
- Be Thankful and Appreciate……the life you have and the people within your life. Value life before it gives you a rude shock. Don’t take it for granted. Sometimes “tomorrow” never comes.
- Bitch and Gossip…..with your girlfriends. It takes away your frustrations and makes you a better person. The greatest stress buster of all times.
- It is OK to…crave for a quite dinner watching the waves splash rather than enjoying drinks and dancing the Saturday night away. You are not getting old or cynical. Don’t pretend. Be who you are.
- Let Insanity Rule…your heart. Laugh aloud, Clap, Cheer, Jump, Shout. Being a kid never hurts. Don’t lose your insane side.
- Do not Regret…the decisions taken. They seemed right when you took them. If they turned out bitter, destiny played its role.
- Learn to let go…things do not always turn out the way you want. Somethings are just not meant to be. Don’t hold grudges, don’t turn bitter. Move on, Let go.
- Try not to judge…people on their appearances. The girl in the skimpy skirt next to you may just be shy and uncomfortable and not arrogant. There is more to a person just than what it appears on the outside.
- Trust Your Instincts…they are the earliest to detect signs of troubles. Trust when it tells you to stop talking, trust when it tells you to go and hug someone even if the person will be bewildered.
- What you allow will continue…your life, your decisions. Listen to everyone, do what your heart says. It usually turns out right. Do not let anyone decide for you. Take a stance. Prevent yourself from being treated as sh*t.
All the 13 things and more that I have learnt have been backed by experiences which will never let me forget the year! Reading my post above has made me believe that I am also growing older and wiser. I am OK with the wiser part in the sentence. 😎 Gave too much of a thought before publishing this, and here I am finally doing it on the risk of being misconstrued as preachy. 😛 What the heck, I thought! My blog, my decisions 😛 2012 was Good, 2013 was better, 2014, be the best!!!
PS: This is NOT an ode to the year gone by. It deserves a separate post.